Monday, February 16, 2015

Horst, of Salzburg

Last time I was on study abroad with students, we had a guide in Salzburg, who I didn't care for, and who didn't care for me. The weather was brutally rainy and cold, the students under-prepared for the weather, wearing flip flops and flimsy outerwear. Horst kept the march going from one site to another, even as our interest wanted. Late in the tour, He stood looking down at me. I raised me camera and shot up into his nose and eyes. Neither of us said anything.  I have known for some time that Horst had to appear in my painting.


1 comment:

  1. In my two summers on the Vienna study abroad program, I didn't care for him either, and I love that you immortalized him this way. My first time there, it was also pouring rain, I didn't have an umbrella, my "rain" jacket got soaked through, but he just kept going and going and going. The second time, he was really rude to my husband who didn't speak much German at the time, and he schimpfed one of Dr. Lund's kids who didn't speak any German. Glad to know we weren't alone in our dislike. Anyway, this gave us a good laugh. Thanks for sharing your artwork! We're living in Germany right now, by the way, so my German major was not umsonst. :-) If I send you a friend request on FB with a "Nemo" last name, that's me. Anyway, congratulations on all of your endeavors of late. --Carolyn Clement Dehdari

    ReplyDelete