Monday, June 16, 2014

Rocking the Boat


Louise is the creative, restless one between us. We no sooner get home from vacation, and she's hunting for apartments in New York City. It's not enough to sit and smell the flowers--not for long, anyway. No sitting on our derrieres around here. One life to live, and we're damn well going to live it. Or part company. Have you heard the news? Tom and Louise are splitting.

So tonight we made a short list of things we might do to keep ourselves filled with adventure. Nothing scary, mind you. No skydiving, no cliff jumping, no acrobatics in the air. And since I can't swim, no water sports. Here's our list:
Hike to Donut Falls--not to the top, mind you, just to the bottom
Museum of Natural History
Antelope Island
Fishing on Corn Creek and in Fillmore, Chalk Creek
Cabins at Fish Lake
Camper/tent and camping
Drive to Monroe
Sit on a stream
Corn Creek camping

Pretty tame, most of it. No bucket list here. Monotone. Dullsville. But we did come up with one idea we both like. The Larry Miller Motorsports Park, where you can rent these little "go karts" that you drive like hell around an enormous track, "over three times the size of Disneyland," the online blurb says. And then, as if written for Tom and Louise, the caption, "GET YOUR HEART RACING."

That's the ticket. Get our hearts racing. More ideas tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'll start my engine.

So, dear reader, what do YOU do to get your heart racing?

7 comments:

  1. Antelope Island is an underrated gem. It's too bad there isn't a ferry to the island. I also recommend Capitol Reef park, and be sure to pay the extra ten dollars to drive through the back of the park. It's much calmer than Arches, although you will still hear three or four different languages spoken. I would hit both places before it heats up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm I like the idea of creek sitting! Today to get my heart racing I am having coffee instead of tea but perhaps tomorrow I will be a bit more adventurous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get your heart racing you say. Well those carts will do more than get it racing. If your going to go and do the carts do it during an advent like the off road races. Have some fun and watch some really bad mofo trucks and buggies fly around the short track at near 100 mph.
    This is something that actually calms me down from my day to day routine. Wow did i really just post to a blog?
    Your loving nephew Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trips to Rome and Paris get my heart racing. Unfortunately those aren't often in my budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not in my budget "often" either, Allysha.

      Delete
  5. Louise & I are kindred spirits. I could rent an apartment in New York. (I DID rent one, years, decades ago.)
    More mountain climbing for me. This entails driving nine hours to the neighboring state. I have mentioned to Huz that this means a once-a-month trip to parts west. We're working on it.

    ReplyDelete